3.01.2007

Mother's Day

After our concert of prayer this past Sunday night, I took off Monday from work. Not because of that, but as comp time from my ski trip the week before. Yeah, my job is wicked rough.
So on Tuesday morning when I show up, the senior pastor asks me if I was going to be in town on Mother's day, and if I would preach. Evidently they talked about it during the worship planning meeting and someone suggested that I do it.
I'd like to think it's because they thought that I did such a great job on Sunday night, but I was probably just the first person they thought of.
Whatever the case, I'm so excited. I haven't been able to preach a full service since November of 2004, and this will only be my second time to ever do it.
I love doing it though. I get really excited and energized. I think I'm pretty good at it, too. I'm a pretty witty guy, so I use a lot of humor.
Nevertheless, Mother's day might be a tough gig for me. I'm looking through mothers in the Bible right now trying to find an angle to go at this from. I'm really not sure what God wants me to say yet. Luckily, I have plenty of time.
I'm just excited. It's a pretty cool opportunity for me, and one that I don't get a lot since there are probably like 6 people ahead of me in the guest preaching line. JM

No comments: