3.27.2007

Deep Thoughts

If you could do one thing for God and knew that you would not fail, what would you do speaking within the construct of my local church?
That question was posed to me the other day. I'm supposed to have an answer when we go away on staff retreat in April. Without the last part being there, I would say plant a church. But with it being there I would say create a congregation within our church focused on reaching post-moderns via an experiential worship gathering, open-dialogue small groups, and community-focused service.
I'm not sure if I can say that, though. I mean, I'm a middle school minister. It should be something like "start a skate ministry" or "have a huge pizza party rally and invite an evangelist". But that's not my desire.
I'll have to think about the prompt some more. JM

No comments: