12.13.2009

Matthew 16:16-20

I know that Jesus is the Christ. I can proudly state that line in verse 16 with Peter that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. But there are problems in the next few verses for me. First, I act like verse 20 is still in effect for me. As if the great commission doesn't exist, I walk around and I don't tell anyone about the Christ. As I'm going I don't preach his name or teach others to obey everything that He's commanded. For whatever reason. I also think verse 18 is incredible to think about. Jesus establishes His church and authorizes it to grow under Peter's leadership and that "the gates of Hades will not overpower it". I doubt Hades is too worried about it. About the way I function in church. God's church. That He has put me in leadership in. I try to make it my church. To do it my way. To focus on what I want. My preferences. Peter was in leadership, but it was Jesus' church. God forgive me for thinking I can do it better. Help me to lead Your church the way You would desire.
JM

No comments: