9.01.2008

Running

My wife said that she might want to run a half-marathon. She was talking to somebody at a party the other night and this girl was like we should totally get some couples together and go run the Country Music 1/2 Marathon. So I got really excited. I love to run, but have trouble focusing unless there is like something out there looming, like a race. The race is April 25, 2009, so I have 34 weeks until the race and tonight was my first run. I did 3 really slow miles, but it felt great. I figure I'll spend the first 10 weeks just getting my mileage up and then the next 24 training for the half-marathon. Should be fun.
I've run a half before, but it wasn't a lot of fun for me do to some intestinal issues, if you know what I mean. With like 8 months to train, I should be able to run it and do alright on time.
(This post dedicated to Kelly Stephens)
JM

No comments: