10.03.2007

Location

I've been meaning to post this, but kept forgetting. This is a screenshot from when I was updating my fantasy football team last week. Take a good look at it:

Notice anything odd? The ad is for "Chic Nursing Covers". My guess is that the average fantasy football player is not breastfeeding in public. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure it's a great product, but why not advertise it in a better spot where mothers of newborns might be online? If you're going to go through the trouble to build a website and promote it, you might as well do a little bit of research to find out where to promote it.
Taking that further, I bet this ad didn't get a lot of click-throughs because it wasn't relevant to the audience. Sure it might be a nice product, but why should I care about that, I'm not breastfeeding? This is so how the church acts. Let's do our presentation and get it out there. It's such an amazing message that people will accept it. Well, not really. You have to tie it back to their life. Show them how it's relevant. Make it meaningful to them. Make them want to hear it. If the church is going to be survive, it must be relevant to its audience. JM



No comments: