3.20.2007

Dancing Game

Saturday night during the last Disciple Now worship session, they did a game. They called up like 5 students. Then the youth minister that was running the game said that since I had been abusing the students with my game that morning that he was going to have me do the game with them. Fair enough.
Turns out it's a dancing game. We were all blindfolded and told to do our best dance moves and that they would kick somebody out until they declared a winner. Blindfolds were placed on all of the contestants. Then they were removed, except for mine. Turns out it was a joke on me. So I have to dance (which I am no good at) and impress people more than the other people who may or may not have been dancing. Around midway through the game I figured out that I was the only one blindfolded. I could barely see out the bottom of my blindfold and noticed the shoes of another contestant. I reached out my fist to "pound fists" or whatever that is called, and she reached out to hit mine. I'm dumb, but I'm not that dumb.
The joke was on me. I wasn't the greatest person to use for this game, though for a couple of reasons. First, I'm not overly goofy. I struggle in situations where I'm supposed to be the goofy youth minister. Second, I'm not easily embarrassed. So at the end of the game I pretended to be, but I don't think I pulled it off too well. JM

No comments: