2.24.2007

Ski Trip Recap

Our ski trip was short and sweet, just like it's supposed to be. We ran into traffic twice on the way up there (once in Atlanta and once just south of Asheville) so I had to kind of modify our schedule. Basically I ripped out my speaking time that afternoon so that we could still get to skiing on time. I did that because the purpose of this trip is basically to build relationships and have fun. If it had been discipleship or something else, then I wouldn't have cared about missing some of our ski time.
Skied that night for 4 hours. Pretty good weather. Cool, calm, empty, not bad snow. The next day was super windy. Probably about 30 - 35 mph gusts. At one point I was on the top of the mountain pointing my skis straight down a steep grade, but I wasn't moving because the wind was holding my body up like a sail.
Kids all slept well. The hotel was nice. The worst part about it was the night manager who was a little bit stressed out. He talked to me about 3 rooms of our kids that were evidently being loud or something. I went and checked out the rooms. The first room was being quiet and all of them were in there. The other two rooms were from another group. I pointed this out to Mr. Beligerent Night Manager who proceeded to be embarassed and apologize profusely.
Made it home at 8:30 PM (scheduled to return at 9:00 PM). Parents love it when you're early. Anything but late. I try to respect their time, and I hope they respect mine.
Kids were great. Had several visitors that all had a good time. We'll follow up with them and see if we can create some legitimate prospects out of it.
Good time. No injuries. Highly recommend Wolf Ridge. JM

No comments: