1.06.2007

Prayers Of A 2-Year Old


So last night I had to watch six kids all by myself. Ages on the kids were 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, and 10 months. Needless to say it was pretty live. At dinner time my 2.5 year old Noah says the prayer for the pizza. This is how it goes: "Dear Jesus, thank you for Noah pizza, thank you for Daddy pizza, thank you for Trey pizza, thank you for Mia pizza, thank you for Millie pizza, thank you for Caroline pizza. Amen." It was the coolest thing in the world to hear. I love it that he is starting to figure things out. It's awesome that he personalized the prayer for everybody too.

I love this kind of prayer so much more than that stupid "God our Father" song. That's not talking to God, that's getting through some formality before you can eat. I want my son to know that praying before a meal is an opportunity to thank God for what he has provided and the people he has provided to share it with. JM

No comments: