10.31.2006

New Book

So I've been reading "Do they run when they see you coming?: Reaching out to unchurched teenagers". It's pretty good. It falls in line with other stuff I've been reading lately as far as taking the church to the community and not expecting them to come to you. It's an interesting concept that I'd like to flesh out over the next few weeks in middle school ministry.
My Saturday Night Reality Check program that I've run every other week this fall has not done well. I'd like to change to something along the lines of taking things out into the community, but I'm not sure what that would/could/should look like. Hopefully I'll get clarity on it soon. We'll see.
This book is interesting, though. I'll be posting some thoughts from it soon, just to kind of help me struggle through the issues that it raises. JM

No comments: