1.12.2008

Acts 11:19-30

It's tough to share the spotlight. Especially when you are able to fully utilize the gift that God has given you. Paul and Barnabas were both strong leaders. Both were tremendous teachers and both were passionate about sharing the message Jesus had given. Typically what will happen when you have two people like this they won't work together. They'll appreciate each other, but they don't want to be right next to each other because it's easier if they don't have to share the spotlight. They don't have to work as hard to keep up and it's easy for them to sit back and coast.
One of the things that I love about where I work is that the high school guy is awesome. The kids love him, he speaks well, he's a strong leader, and he's relevant. So I can't just coast along and do as well as he does. God has gifted me in student ministry, but if I want to be successful comparatively, I'm going to have to work hard. It's challenging, but it's so much better. Sort of makes you feel alive. JM

No comments: