12.04.2007

Acts 8:32-40

I love how Philip used that passage to transition into presenting the gospel to this guy. And what's really incredible is that he talked about more than just salvation, he talked about baptism, too. A lot of people like to use this verse as proof that baptism is part of salvation. I don't really see it that way. The guy just wanted to be baptized because he so passionately wanted to show that he was a follower of Jesus.
I think it's important for us to be able to think on our feet. So many people have certain methods of presenting the gospel that require the person to ask a certain question and sit through a 5 minute presentation. That seems lame to me. I think if we're familiar with it and truly understand it, then we should be able to communicate that truth however we feel we need to. JM

No comments: