11.10.2007

So Much To Do

I can't sleep right now. I keep making lists in my mind of all the things that I need to do. I feel like I am cramped for time and need to accomplish so much. Whenever I start thinking like this I always think of this passage from Mark:
A very strong wind came up on the lake. The waves came over the sides and into the boat so that it was already full of water. Jesus was at the back of the boat, sleeping with his head on a cushion. His followers woke him and said, "Teacher, don't you care that we are drowning!" Jesus stood up and commanded the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind stopped, and it became completely calm.

We like to look at our circumstances and not at God. We look at what's going on around us and get overwhelmed. All the while, God is simply waiting for us to let Him step in and take over. The problem is we refuse to just be still. JM

No comments: