10.30.2007

Acts 6:1-7

I love my job. One of the cool things about it is that it's a fairly creative job. I'm basically paid to think, create, and relate. That's it. I don't have to like lift stuff, or fix stuff, or anything like that on a regular basis, although I do on occasion. What's tough though is trying to figure out which things to delegate out. Obviously, there are a lot of things that you should keep doing like vision, direction, and stuff like that. But there is all kinds of other stuff that I can pass off to someone else which will give them ownership over something and help me develop my abilities as a leader. I delegated out some of the tasks that I typically do this year for Mission Impossible. Mainly, I used my secretary. I never use her. For anything. Ever. So this year she basically did all of my recruiting. It was scary to release something like that, but it worked out fairly well. There are a couple of things that I'll fix for next year, but it was good for me to delegate stuff out and see it still happen efficiently. JM

No comments: