10.09.2007

Acts 2:37-41

When the Holy Spirit is truly guiding your life, other people find it irresistible. 3,000 people got saved in one day because they saw the work of the Holy Spirit. It's like visual evidence that God is alive. When we see products like this in the Bible, I wonder why we so often diminish what we believe the Holy Spirit can accomplish now. I'm not talking about charismatic things, to me there's not anything really compelling about someone speaking in a language that nobody on the face of this planet can understand. But what if we believed the Holy Spirit was a real part of our lives and that he really did give us power like the Bible says, not so that our lives could be better, but for the advancement of the Kingdom? I know my life would be immensely different. JM

No comments: