9.24.2007

Humility Lessons From The Bachelor

The bachelor is kind of an interesting show. I don't watch it on purpose, but my wife will have it on and so I'll catch bits and pieces of it. What's funny to me is that all of these girls come in to meet this guy and they basically try to show off their tricks. They'll show their wit, talent, geographic uniqueness, craziness, slutiness, etc. It's really annoying.
I've always tried to be the other way. I like to just keep quiet about myself and let my performance do the talking - musically, ministerially, academically, etc. The good thing about this is what this verse talks about: Proverbs 27:2 - Don't praise yourself. Let someone else do it. Let the praise come from a stranger and not from your own mouth.
I've just now seen some amazing benefits of this. Maybe because I don't go around talking about me, other people will more readily step up to my defense, or promotion. JM

No comments: