8.24.2007

Matthew 27:1

What was that night like for Jesus? Did he sleep at all? The thing I keep wondering is what kept him going. I know that he was tempted to give up and get out of there, but I wonder if he thought of me. Maybe not me specifically, but if it was love for me that drove him there or love for his father. I guess the two are so closely intertwined it's probably hard to differentiate.
I love the farce that is Jesus religious tribunal as these guys decide that Jesus should die. As far as I know, when someone broke the law, the religious leaders didn't decide if someone should be punished, they simply carried out the punishment. So it shouldn't have been a decision of whether or not Jesus should die, but whether or not Jesus must die. I'm surprised Jesus didn't just laugh at how sophomoric the whole trial was. JM

No comments: