6.22.2007

Matthew 22:41-46

I love that the Pharisees finally give up on trying to trick Jesus with questions. Isn't it amazing how long they tried to do it, though. Consistently they looked stupid and Jesus provided them with amazing answers. This bolstered everybody else's belief that Jesus was more than a common teacher or pharisee. So while the pharisee's popularity was at an all time low, Jesus was steadily climbing.
It's amazing to me how long we can hold onto ideas that don't work. We think we have a brilliant plan, but it's just not working out. So we tweak it a little bit and run it into the ground until finally we give up and come up with a completely new plan.
That's basically how my ministry has been. Great ideas meet with little or no response. I revise the idea a couple of times only to receive the same response until finally I abandon the idea.
I guess instead I should seek out God-ordained ideas. There are tons of great ideas out there, but I'm not sure if God is willing to bless all of them. I think the key is to find what God is willing to bless and run with that. JM

No comments: