6.16.2007

Man Day

So I tried stealing an idea from Reston Community Church to have man day at our church this year. They serve ribs for breakfast, root beer out of the beds of pickup trucks that are filled with ice, play hardcore music, and generally have a manly feeling.
We picked up the man day idea, but haven't really done anything with it. It will be interesting to see how it all works out, but right now I'm wondering who is at fault. I mean, I suggested the idea, it's kind of incumbent upon me to see it through to full fruition since it rests in my mind. However, the vast majority of the decisions that needed to be made and the approval that needed to be granted were not mine to make or grant, so I felt like I could pass along the idea, but that was about it.
We'll see what happens, but I have the feeling that most people won't get it because of poor communication on the front end and no real holistic "man day" feeling throughout. I'll let you know tomorrow. JM

No comments: