5.16.2007

New York

My wife and I loved NYC. I'll post later about our trip, but we loved the city so much that we want to move there. The only problem is we can't afford to live in the city. I'm looking for jobs, but I've only found a couple and they are on Long Island. I would love to get connected with a church that is actually in Manhattan and somehow become a teaching pastor with them. There are basically like a handful of churches that are effectively reaching the city, so it's ripe with potential. I think I would fit in well with my style of ministry because I would like to help people discover their spiritual selves. Show them that the reason they appreciate art and music is because at the core of it they are tapping in to creative expression meant to glorify their creator. I'm going to apply to any openings I see, but one of the things I'm going to do is apply to journey church's leadership experience. It's an internship program to work with journey church new york, which is one of the fastest growing churches in the US. The only problem is that you have to raise your support, which for my family would probably be about $80,000 for the year. That's a lot of money, and I doubt there are people that like us that much. I would do anything to get there, though. I loved it. My wife loved it. I would feel like I am on mission for God. I'm going to pray earnestly for this. JM

No comments: