5.27.2007

Matthew 19:1-12

So Jesus is saying that divorce for any reason is against the way that God intended it and that divorce for marital unfaithfulness was just put in there by Moses to make life easier. What's crazy is that in verse 10 the disciples say that if that's the only reason that you can legitimately get a divorce, then it is better not to marry. That's really sad.
I can't imagine life without my wife. I know you can't miss what you've never had, but I just think that I would be really lonely and unfulfilled without my wife.
I've always said that if I was ever cheated on, then I would look at the marriage as irreconcilable. I would really have to think about that now, though. Jesus is basically saying that the only reason that's in there was to make our lives easier. Interesting. JM

No comments: