4.29.2007

Matthew 15:21-28

The power of faith is incredible. Jesus loves to compliment people who have great faith. I love this story because the woman is desperate. She is passionate about pursuing Jesus because she has a personal need. She wants to see her daughter be happy again. She wants to be able to interact with her daughter like she used to. She misses her daughter.
But Jesus doesn't want to help her. Probably because it would make everybody freak out. Whatever the reason, he only does it because of her persistence. She is passionately pursuing Jesus because she knows that he is the only one that can make her world right again. I think this is the passage that I'll use for mother's day. I'll have to try to develop this tomorrow. I'm excited about speaking, though. JM

No comments: