3.05.2007

Sick Days

It happened again. I only got to work half a day today because my wife is still sick. I feel really bad for her because she just feels like trash. But it's also frustrating for me because I'm falling more and more behind on my work. I tried catching up some when I came home today, but you can only do so much with interruptions for little children. I was actually able to get two sermon series poster ideas started.
One is for an upcoming series called "sin city". I got pretty far on that one. I'll post it once I've got it finished. The other one is for our Easter message. I found an image for it, and I have an idea on the text for it, but that's about as far as I've gotten.
I'm still just using Publisher, although I have upgraded to Publisher 2007. I'm hopefully going to go through the 10 hour InDesign CS2 tutorial soon, I just need to find the time. I haven't noticed a lot of changes in the new publisher, but two that I have are awesome. The first is you can set the spacing width of columns when you are setting up layout guides. That is really useful for me since I do so many half sheet flyers. The other major improvement is being able to use an eyedropper to "grab" a color you want off of the screen rather than trying to create it through the little color maker graphic. Much easier. JM

No comments: