3.26.2007

Know Your Market

Our worship gathering this week was different than most of the ones that we've been planning. It started with a choir singing an anthem that had a gospel feel to it. Then the worship host talked for like 4 minutes and started singing the anthem again. The music was fairly normal otherwise. The thing that was interesting was that the people seemed to love it. More than a normal worship experience for us.
I hated it. I thought it was one of the worst worship experiences that we've created in a long time. But I'm beginning to realize that I'm not our market. I'm kind of an anomaly at our church. So if I'm going to continue to be on our worship planning team, then I need to change my mindset.
Now I just need to begin to prepare ideas for when we have the ability to do a worship experience for the students and those that desire a more experiential, contemplative gathering.
JM

No comments: