3.11.2007

Experience Makes Me Sad

I just heard a story on our local news here in Atlanta about a middle school boy that found a dead baby in a bag on the side of the road. The police aren't sure if it was stillborn or if the baby was murdered. It's so sad for me to think about. Before I had kids, I wouldn't have cared at all. Now, I can't imagine. I hurt for the mother, I hurt for the child, and I hurt for the boy that had to discover that.
Georgia has a "safe haven" law that allows mothers to drop off newborn babies to a hospital, police station, or fire department if they feel that they are unable to care for it - no questions asked. Completely anonymous. I can't imagine the sorrow and stress that poor mother must be feeling.
I love my kids. I want to go lay with them right now. JM

No comments: