2.05.2007

Super Bowl Party

Tonight was our middle school Super Bowl Party. I found out that it was illegal last night, and didn't feel that I had time to cancel it or change it, so we pressed on and will beg for forgiveness. It was a great time. We had 88 middle school students there. We ordered 25 large pizzas, which were gone in under 30 minutes. 25 2-liters were gone just about as quickly. These kids can eat. We had a lot more kids interested in the game this year. I'm not really sure why. But great turnout with about 14 legitimate unchurched prospects that I get to follow up on.
Church Marketing Sucks has a great post on how churches should handle super bowl parties next year. I'm going to see what I can do to get the NFL to let me continue to have a super bowl party, but do it legally. There's always a way to do things within the rules. I'll let you know what they say. JM

No comments: