2.24.2007

The Joys Of Car Ownership

My wife and I are finally starting to feel pretty comfortable financially. We are rapidly paying off debt, we have a nice little emergency fund set up, and we have a balanced and working budget.
Wednesday night while I was out of town, my wife's car died and wouldn't start for her again, leaving her stranded. God worked it out because she was meeting a friend for dinner and the car coasted into the restaurant parking lot. It could have been much worse. She didn't have the kids with her, and she was meeting a friend who was able to give her a ride. She doesn't have a cell phone, so she could have been completely stranded with no way to call for help and with two small kids.
The car is in the shop right now. I just hope it's something simple and cheap. Well, really just cheap. I need to do a better job of maintaining our cars, so thankfully I found this chart that tells you what to do (or have done) and when. JM

No comments: