2.25.2007

Concert Of Prayer

Tonight we had a concert of prayer at my church for our building campaign that we are starting. Basically it's a group prayer meeting with some music. We broke up the prayer into ACTS - Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication. Our pastors each had a different letter. My letter was C - Confession.
Kind of a tough assignment for me since I like to use so much humor. At the last minute I actually decided to start with kind of a joke because the person that did Adoration was a lot more lighthearted than I was going to be. My joke died a horrible death. I knew I shouldn't have done it.
I only got to talk for 2 minutes, but it was so much fun. I love doing that. I prayed that God would use what I said to impact people, and I really think that he did. I can't remember the exact number, but at least 8 people said something to me about how well I did.
I don't mention that to be like "Wow, I'm awesome" or anything, but I do think that God is using these opportunities that I have to prepare me to move to being a teaching/senior pastor.
At the end, one lady asked me if I was sure that God hadn't called me into preaching. I didn't really respond, but I'm beginning to really believe that he has. I just pray that God can use the gifts that he's given me to do immeasurably more than all I can ask or imagine. JM

No comments: