1.29.2007

Matthew 9:14-17

You're doing great. Everything is going well in your ministry. Things are clicking along nicely. Your volunteers are excited, your students are passionate, and your parents are supportive. All of a sudden, like from out of nowhere, somebody decides to criticize you. They don't like that the scarcity of activities. They don't like the message topics. They don't like the loud music. People like to bring you down. If you're succeeding then you must be doing something wrong. Especially if others are not succeeding. Unfortunately for me, I haven't been succeeding lately. It's tempting for me to get excited about other people's struggles. It's a selfish desire I have. I pray that God will take it away and when I hear of other's struggles, I will instead be motivated to pray. JM

No comments: