1.22.2007

Matthew 8:14-17


I was born in 1977. In 1980 The Empire Strikes Back came out. This movie contains the infamous line "I am your father". I grew up saying this line. My life has been lived knowing it and it's meaning. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to be in the theater and hear that. How shocking would that have been. I would have been like "Holy Crap!! What did he just say?!" That must have been incredible. I wonder what the buzz was like. Like did people know going in, or did they soil themselves when they found that out.

I grew up knowing that Jesus healed people. That he said he was God's son. I've known that all my life. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to be in this passage where Jesus is healing people. How shocking would that have been? Now that is a holy crap moment. JM

No comments: