1.10.2007

Matthew 5:43-48

Verse 44 says "Pray for those who hurt you." I think that is one of the hardest things to do. I had somebody hurt me deeply when I was a kid. It still impacts my life today. I know I react to certain situations because of what this person did to me. If I think about it for a long period, I still get angry about it. I might go into a little bit of detail about it someday, but not today. I'm not ready, and that's not what this is about.
The thing is, I can remember the first time that I ever prayed for the person that hurt me. All I could get out was "God, help Bill". It felt good to be able to say that. I'm still don't think that I've forgiven this person (their name isn't Bill), but I'm getting closer. Perhaps that's why God wants us to pray for those who hurt us. Maybe it's all part of the process of forgiveness. JM

No comments: