1.11.2007

Church League Basketball

We have two youth teams that play basketball in the local church league, and tonight they played each other. The skill level is pretty low, as is the scoring. I always wonder what the purpose of church league is. I mean, I know what the purpose was originally, but wouldn't it be awesome if you took one team of students and let them represent our church in a city rec league? And they wouldn't be pushovers. You could have them practice and really take it seriously. Then after they kill some other team, they could win graciously. And if they lost, they could lose graciously. And if the other team was playing rough, they could respond in a Christ-like manner. Man, that seems like it might have more of an impact on our culture than some church league sport. But I guess you can file that under not my decision. JM

No comments: